I went down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.
Nobody seemed to know me, everybody passed me by.

Thursday 28 November 2013

CAPE...

Get a cape, buy a cape, wear a cape..
Put your shield on, put your mask on,
to attempt an escape..

I cant see, I cant hold, but i feel you here..

Beneath the mask, beneath the shield,
beneath the cape you wear..

Is there peace? Is there home?
Are there feelings to cherish?
Or is it the same world, like this
Where you are left to perish?

Abandon the wishes, abandon the world

Find your way home back here,
Or take me away, or take the pain
Because this i cannot bear..

Or take a dagger and stab it through my heart,

And take me with you,
take me back to the start..


Take me to the home we own,

Take me to the beautiful lawn,
Take me there, away before dawn..

And I will leave this world behind,

I will lock it in a box 
And hide it in the mind.
Then I will get a cape, buy a cape and wear a cape.
Because holding your hand I will attempt an escape....

No comments:

Post a Comment